Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week.7

My view in how I learn has changed so much since information, as it relates to the many theories about how people learn, was depicted within the context of this course. Now, I’m shining upon so many different ways in which I do and/or can learn. In Connectivism, knowing I’m empowered to be able to have influence over how I teach, design and/or redesign curriculum, as well as its learning structure has cultivated a learning direction within my adult potential. At the same time, communicating with others through experiencing network connections, sharing and/or finding out new information which induces making decisions a learning outcome based on information is inspirational in changing how I learn. In cognitivism, I have strong connections between my emotions and learning, so this has changed my view on how I learn; the importance of my learning needs, experiences, meaning, problem-solving and developmental insights. Constructivist, for example, I enjoy active learning, images, spoken words, memory and sensory activities that I probably use to take for granted in learning. My view has also changed regarding Behaviorism, such as in positive feedback reinforcement. Feedback such as *that’s great* or *you’re certainly on the right track* does reinforce positive learning.
http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/viewArticle/523/1103 What I’ve learned about various learning theories and learning styles that can further explain my own personal learning preferences is that I’m complex and I utilize all the learning theories to accomplish a satisfying outcome. I’ve also learned that I enjoy being interpersonal in groups than I thought. I also continue to enjoy learning through pictures, images, as well as auditory and verbal learning. The role that technology plays in my learning is not only to learn but to be able to provide information that can benefit others as well. Using technology provides for a better way of understanding, presenting and it builds on a strategy that is align with the digital age of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment