Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week.3 Blog

Accordingly, philosophers, as it relates to their learning theories, have moved forward from behaviourism. At the same time, I too would like to disagree with the following blog statement: "actions, which are followed by rewards, are often repeated; if so, doesn't that make us all behaviourists"? I do not agree with the word *reward* based on whether I act or not. This statement illustrates and reminds me of a workplace.

Gift cards were often given as a reinforcement for just working. It did not motivate; it did not continue anything that would not had been done without the gift cards. It was merely an action to reinforce an idea. But, what was the unknown idea? It was not mines. Is it some kind of transformation, persuasion or even obsession? If words are untold, how do you know? How is it identified, if not acted upon? Who's idea does it belong.

Thus, I see behaviorism in my eyes, when my working and/or long term memory is trying to satisfy someone else's needs and wants. Learning is repeated by our thoughts and emotions, which then leads to an action; a thought and emotion can be repeated without a reward.

I believe strategies are used with our thoughts and emotions; as stated strategies are integral parts of our self-regulated elearning. Thus, learning strategies are cognitive plans, but they are not simply actions.

Ormrod, J., Schunk, D., & Gredler, M. (2009) p.132. Learning theories and instruction
(Laureate custom edition). New York: Pearson.

No comments:

Post a Comment